Here are my prayer requests and praises:
1. Praise God for the blessings of family. Also pray for unity in my family and wisdom as they make a kinds of decisions. And may the Love of Christ rule in all of our hearts and minds.
2. Praise God for a wonderful presentation and meeting with my friends at Prince of Peace in Farmington Hills. It was so great to see so many people again. I am excited for the emphasis on prayer at POP. Pray for them to see God's hand working in their community and within their church.
3. Pray for my parents church as Pastor Weiss has taken a call to another church. They too will have many decisions and may the Lord lead them through prayer and the word!
4. Praise God that Laina and I are starting to get settled in our new church at Harvest Bible Chapel in Canton. Pray that God blesses the ministry at Harvest. Also Harvest's radio program has been a blessing to me and many others and is short financially. Please pray for this ministry.
5. Pray that my and Laina's health will be well. We both have struggled with sinus and colds.
6. Pray for my support raising. It is a much slower process than I anticipated. I have raised about 8% of what I need. I am anxious to start getting on campus, but I pray for the Lord's timing above my own.
7. Pray for Washtenaw Community College and the students and staff. May the Lord draw hearts to himself and prepare them for the work that I and the students and staff will do, working for the kingdom of God.
8. Pray for Laina and me, that our marriage will thrive and that we will have wisdom to follow God's leading in all decisions - and that we will be unified and yoked together as we serve the Lord.
9. Pray for Detroit. As I have been serving the homeless for the last 6 months, I have seen so much pain, loneliness, suffering, blight and hopelessness and need. The church is who should be meetin these needs, yet so many people lean on the government to help them. Friends, it's not working that way. The church needs to get out of its comfort zone and serve the hurting, the lost and broken. Isaiah 58 speaks of how will God's people be blessed? It's not through praises to Him that have no heart, or even sacrifices or traditions that have lost their meaning. "...to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke. to share food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter- when you see the naked to clothe them and to not turn away from your own flesh and blood..." It goes on but I encourage you to read that section of scripture for yourself.
Yes, Detroit is a dark place. But God's light will shine even brighter if the church, Christ's body will follow him into the darkness. When we work together as a body and move when Christ leads us, the darkness will flee!
May Christ receive all glory! Amen
Here you will find updates, thoughts, discussion and prayers for my life and ministry...